Ladeedah
Woke up at 11.30 am today, still feeling v sleepy. As if I'd only slept for 7 hrs. What sleep deprivation for a whole week does to a person...
Went to Swensen's for lunch. Had a really good time there. Did some mother-daughter bonding by talking abt celebrating her birthday (i mentioned that our sch hols start before her bday) and just showing care and concern and displaying affection. She seemed really happy. Simple things in life. A simple lunch. Simple happiness. She told me that she'd buy an mp3 player for me if she won the lottery. She was more confident about winning it this time round as she'd met the God of Fortune (don't ask me. I dunno either) yest when she was out shopping and he told her she'd have luck.
After that, we came back home and I played Gunbound a bit before going to sleep for about half an hour. Bathed and went to my 4th aunt's (the one who made the scrumpeelicious cookies)house to have a family-gathering-cum-dinner. My aunt told me that my little cousin (their only child. i dunno how old she is...maybe primary one or something. Or K2.) said "I am sad. They hurt my feelings." when my aunt told her that her cousins (that means me and ro and everyone) were coming for dinner.
My aunt asked her why. She said "Nobody played with me on New Year's Eve. I'm so hurt." Wow. She's usually really quiet but when she speaks...it's so...impactful i guess. I still remember the time when she said "Don't say my mother is fat ok." to someone. My reaction when my aunt told me that we'd "hurt her feelings" was "*gasp* I have sinned.". Shit man. Sarcasm has become my reflex. But I didn't really mean it sarcastically. I don't think she detected my sarcasm anyway.
Ro! We must play wif her next time and not "hurt her feelings"! I dunno what to do with young kids la. Just not good wif them. Oh well.
And guess what we had for dinner. STEAMBOAT. They just love having steamboat on new year and just about every other occasion. Oh well. At least the soup was decent and I was pretty filled up. Was kinda looking forward to tasting my aunt's v gd cooking, though.
And as usual, about the only conversation topic between me and all the female adults there was (drumroll) my cho complexion. Shall I say any further?
It's really windy at their place. It's at Bukit Batok. I almost froze in my sleeveless tank top. I chatted a bit wif Ro about wonderful sec 4 life.
Then we left.
Thus ends an exciting day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home