Ha-ha
Last night, as a dear friend turned twenty-four, I had an epiphany. It came as I sat on my bed, mulling over the conversation I had had with her and my bestie earlier that night.
When I was younger, I tried my best not to take life too seriously. Everything was a joke, as life can be sometimes. It was a good philosophy. I guess somewhere along the way, I changed and some things became not so funny anymore.
"你看的事情多绝对,绝对没有容许犯错的机会" - 距离 (陈绮贞)
Last night, I realised this change in me. I think I should start taking life with a pinch of salt again. Give myself, and others, space to make mistakes. Then hopefully, a more relaxed mindset would make happiness feel at home in my heart. =D It is a cherished visitor, and instead of blaming it for being late or absent, I should furnish my heart so that it's in optimal condition for a long-term stay.
Came across a quote that Becky had shared on her blog, from Fuck Yeah, Literary Quotes. I loved the name, so I went to check it out. I might read it from time to time to find new books to read. :)
Here are some of my favourites so far:
I told her tea bags were just a convenience for people with busy lives and she said no one is so busy they can’t take time to make a decent cup of tea and if you are that busy you don’t deserve a decent cup of tea for what is it all about anyway? Are we put into this world to be busy or to chat over a nice cup of tea?
‘TIS, FRANK MCCOURT
Me: Indeed. I stand corrected!
It is funny how you do not miss affection until it is given, but once it is, it can never be enough; you would drown in it if possible.
THE SWEET FAR THING, LIBBA BRAY
感同身受!
When you’re struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it’s just as hard as what you’re going through.
DEAR JOHN, NICHOLAS SPARKS
"Perspective. Yes." - Hermione, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part I)
Unexpected intrusions of beauty. That is what life is.
HERZOG, SAUL BELLOW
I'm gonna try to see this beauty.
The most important thing in life is to stop saying ‘I wish’ and start saying ‘I will.’ Consider nothing impossible, then treat possiblities as probabilities.
DAVID COPPERFIELD, CHARLES DICKENS
It's not too late for a New Year's Resolution.
Labels: notes to self

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home