A Not-so-Quick Update
So Day Four of Year Two is already over. Here's a quick one on what's been happening over the past few days...
Day Two
The class was very uncharacteristically quiet during Feature Writing. I believe other lecturers would have killed for that kind of silence from our class, haha. Poor Jason almost withered under Rajan's gaze when he came in late. Eventually, though, our class started to make a bit of noise. But it still wasn't like during other classes. Hope that'll change soon.
Next on the timetable was OM lecture. No comment. I thought Lusia's lectures were fast-paced. One would need nothing short of the slo-mo special effects from The Matrix for Sheila Kee's lectures. BULLET speed.
Day Three
DMA was first thing in the morning at 8. Our only eight am day of the week. Happy happy timetable. However, due to some weird dream I was having (the only thing I recall about it was it involved chimpanzees. Maybe I've watched that Visa ad one too many times), I ignored the alarm and was woken up by my mum at 7 am. My dad decided to be nice and sacrificed his breakfast to drive me to school so that I wouldn't be late.
There are always drivers who will try to screw you up, especially when you're in a hurry. Our car was travelling innocently down one road, when suddenly this other car just cut in from some other lane and we almost knocked into it. I shook my head in shock while my father shouted a quick "Fuck you" (only the second time i've heard him say that). And then I arrived safely at the taxi stand.
Loh loh let us watch The Matrix and asked us to look out for the effects and stuff used in the movie. Enjoy enjoy eye candy yum yum. Once again I would like to establish that my nick is spelt M-O-R-P-H-U-S without an 'e'. And so, it is not a rip-off of Morpheus from the Matrix because I started using this nick before I watched The Matrix, possibly even before the movie was released.
After DMA, we had our LSC (Legal System and Contracts) tutorial. Am happy to report that my mind has been changed regarding the boring-ness of that module. I don't think it's that boring anymore. I always thought the lecturer, Phyllis Peter, was married. But turns out she's not. Bare fingers. She's quite funny, but she seems like the very prim-and-proper sort. But who cares. She's funny and she makes law sound more interesting.
So it was quite a slack day-just The Matrix, and a little discussion about law that was punctuated with laughs.
After school I joined the Connect committee (which is largely made up of my classmates) and watched paint dry. They were painting the Connect banner. And they were done before 4 pm, so Jia Ying and I walked around in Citylink, window shopping. Then I went to Cineleisure to meet Grace and her friends while JY went off to meet her family for more shopping.
We watched Madagascar. It was so dissatisfactory to Grace that she decided to drag us all into watching a SECOND movie on the same night. And so we found ourselves watching The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I have difficulty deciding which movie was thrashier. Madagascar certainly had cute characters, and Hitchhiker had a few hilarious parts, but both movies had their fair share of lame humour. But still, I'd always wanted to do two movies at one go. So, can't really complain, especially since Grace paid for my second movie ticket (she was that desperate).
In order to protect Grace's reputation, I shall not elaborate on how she spotted 2 unused movie tickets at an unreachable spot beside the escalator and got her friends trying and trying to grab them for ten minutes cos they thought it was our tickets. Thus making us miss the first 5 minutes of Madagascar. And those tickets? They were for some show in the morning. Can't be used anymore. Hahaha.
Was given a new identity as Where's Wally by my cheeky classmates because I was wearing this red-and-white striped top, which happens to resemble what the cartoon character (or whatever he is) wears. You can't imagine how irritating it is to have one group of people pointing at you and exclaiming that they have "found" Wally every now and then. And on the way out of the school we actually found this Where's Wally map thingy on one of the lecturers' cars. Hilarious.
Day Four
Hmm. MMR tutorial. Was quite distracted, so took longer than usual to read the precious notes-that-Miss-Kwa-took-one-day-to-make and do the exercise on this software called SPSS (which resembles Excel) that helps you sort data. Coincidentally, William Tan, our ITB lecturer from Year One Sem One was in the next class and we waved enthusiastically at him. Let's hope I do as well for MMR as I did for ITB, huh...*crosses fingers*
Then we had a two-hour break, so we had lunch at KFC and settled down in the BizIT library to discuss our very first wonderful OM presentation (who does presentations on the SECOND tutorial?!). And then it was The Matrix again for DMA (we continued watching it from the previous lesson), followed by an interesting discussion about the special effects and everything.
Yup. Thus concludes my very long update on the past few days. What an interesting life I do lead.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home