Erm...?
Got awaken by my mum this afternoon at ard 12.30 something. Argh I was so tired cos I slept very early (as in early morning). AND. My father was playing these RUBBISH songs (thumping due to bass; need I mention this anymore?) which were almost as bad as last night's techno music that was coming from the fun fair. They (the songs my pop was listening to this afternoon, i mean) sounded like Buddhist scriptures only there were actually audible and understandable words. And maybe the tunes were more...er..."contemporary". My father is slowly losing his musical taste. What happened to nice nice nice ballads by Eagles, Smokie and the like which I grew up with? Which reminds me. I suddenly have the urge to listen to these vintage-but-nice-when-you-are-in-a-moony-eyed-mood songs. Oh well.
Okay so my mum woke me up, saying that they wanted to go out and have lunch (I think my father is using up his leave yet again) and she didn't want to buy back for me again (for some reason. maybe she just wanted to have lunch together). So VERY RELUCTANTLY (and all the time groaning and moaning and grumbling) I got up and washed up, occasionally giving the black face. But once I was properly up my mood improved (I am not not a morning person. If u get what I mean. Double negatives). We went to IKEA to have lunch. My mum was talking about how there wouldn't be so many people there (in case you are not a frequent patron of IKEA like my family is, the restaurant there is PERPETUALLY crowded). But once again the philosophy-of-psychological-thinking that we discussed last night (about how everyone thinks it's monday and nobody would book bbq pits and thus everyone books on monday and thus it was so crowded last nite and how nobody wld book on weekends cos everybody thinks everybody books on weekends and in the end the bbq pits are sad and lonely because of this philosophy) was proven to be perfectly logical and accurate. The restaurant WAS pretty crowded. But my mum insisted that that was only because all the office workers came down to eat.
After lunch of course my parents couldn't resist going to look at furniture and the like. I was so very very bored. Then I started telling my mum all about last nite's bbq n how useless I felt looking at Pengie and Sarah being the cooks-of-the-day. And of course she laughed at me and insisted that the food we came up with couldn't have been very very good as there were no adults around and thus no experienced "cooks". I protested, of course. But she was INSISTING so it wasn't of much help. Ah nevermind haha. I thought the food was fine.
OH. Almost forgot. I took a photograph of the soup I had at IKEA. It is a big deal because I was bored. I wanted to take more pictures while looking at the boring furniture but they moved on too fast. I saw this incredibly HUGE and round bowl and suggested that we pile all our rice in such bowls in future.
Anyway, here's the photo:
Yum yum. Bright green soup. Like what the colour of my walls would have been if my aunt (whose company is going to paint our house, i think) hadn't said that it was going to make my room look very dark at night. Hmf hmf hmf and now I have to choose another colour and I won't have minty walls. I'll go to a corner and sulk later. But nevermind maybe there'll be an even nicer brighter colour in the new catalogue. That's right, think positive. Anyway, in case you were wondering and in case this knowledge just *might* save your life one day, the soup was Cream of Asparagus. And it tastes better than it looks. Really. I finished the whole bowl (though my mum drank some too. Not because I couldn't finish it, mind you). Yummmmmmmmmmy and scrumpeelicious (though I much prefer other Cream-ofs.)
Convinced my mum to buy the Incredibles t-shirt for me (my youngest bro wants one too). With some luck we will be going to buy it later. YAYYYYYYYY now I can wear it if and when I finally watch the movie and look stupid and go YOU GUESS YOU GUESS WHAT MOVIE I WANT TO WATCH when the ticketer asks. =D Happy days.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home