Unbelievable.
I do NOT believe this. Today, as Flora and I were awaiting Sabby's arrival at Toa Payoh MRT station (grp project discussion yet AGAIN.) and then I got a call on my hp (RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING BANANAPHONEEEEEEE................). Guess what?
Someone: Hi, I am (can't rmb her name. and besides it was bloody noisy.). Remember the audition you went for a few days ago (Oh, how could I forget.)? Unfortunately, you were not chosen for the play but (*holds breath in anticipation* Yeah, right.) we would like you to help out backstage. Would you like to?
Me: Yes...(eyebrows shoot up, stares excitedly at Flora)
Someone: OK so can you come for a meeting on 7 September, from 2-3.30? Please bring along a handwritten or typed out piece of paper with your schedule on it (My SCHEDULE??? Wow. I felt so important.).
Me: Schedule??
Someone: Yes. You can write down when you are not available and from what time to what time from 8 September to 1 October. So we can plan the schedule for rehearsals so that everyone can turn up.
Me thinks: Wow. Cool.
Me says: Ok.
Someone: Bye.
Me: Bye.
I put down the phone, and announce the news to Flora.
Ha! See what happens when you sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star? Anyway I am happy but disappointed at the same time. 'Cos it's only a backstage role. But the other half of my mind thinks at least I got a backstage role. Start small. Collect experience. It'll be good for ur resume.
And I feel a little fear and dread in me. What if I am so stupid at the set that they totally regret picking me? I dunno anything about theatre productions and it'd be the first time. Ah well. Courage, May. It'll be well worth it (I hope).
I am so glad they were not so freaked out by my rendition of Twinkle to decide not to pick me even for backstage production. But I stand a chance of henceforth being known as Miss Twinkle. *swallows hard*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home